Personal Care for Your Personal Goals
Who are Physical & Occupational Therapists?
PTs and OTs are highly trained health care providers. After 6-8 years of college, they enter the profession with either a master’s or doctoral degree. PTs & OTs must pass a state board exam and be licensed to practice.
PTs and OTs specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of movement dysfunctions in order to enhance physical health and functional abilities.
What do Physical and Occupational Therapists Do?
PTs and OTs utilize many different interventions to achieve functional goals, including heat, cold, ultrasound, exercise, functional training, massage, joint mobilization, assistive equipment, electrical stimulation, traction and education for injury prevention and the promotion of Health, Wellness and Fitness.
PTs and OTs work in private practices, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, community health centers, nursing homes, corporate health centers, businesses & factories, sports facilities, research institutions, home health, schools, and on professional sports teams.
Common Conditions Treated with PT/OT
- Muscle-bone: Muscle strains, tendonitis, joint & cartilage injuries, ligament sprains, total joint replacements, postural problems, head aches, osteoporosis, recovery from surgery, broken bones and athletic injuries
- Nervous System: Stroke patients, spinal cord and brain injury, Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s, balance problems, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy, and nerve entrapments like carpal tunnel syndrome
- Heart/Circulation/Lung: General deconditioning, cardiac conditions like post open heart surgery, Peripheral edema, Emphysema, COPD, Asthma
- Skin/wound healing: Scar management, slow healing wounds, skin ulcers, burns, skin grafts
Physical Rehab Services Offered to Associates
- Massage / Myofascial Release
- Manual Therapy / Strain-Counter Strain
- Trigger Point – Accupressure Treatment
- Splinting & Adaptive Equipment
- Braces & Orthotics
- Spinal Traction
- Aquatics Program
- Therapeutic Exercise & Stretching
- Hand & Upper Extremity Therapy
- Personalized Home Exercise Programs
- Injury Prevention Training
- Body Mechanics Training / Job Coaching
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Job Analysis
- Work Conditioning / Work Hardening
- Job Accommodations
- Transitional Work Programs
Features of HP Physical Rehab
- We treat BOTH work-related & non work-related injuries for Honda associates
- There is no need for a prescription from a physician to be evaluated AND treated.
- There is no cost to you or to your insurance company. Honda provides the service as a HEALTH BENEFIT to you.
- Convenient appointments right before or right after work.
- Personal care: After every visit, we will discuss your response to the treatment and your personal goals.
HP Physical Rehabilitation What some of our participants have said…
“I have seen the HP staff on several occasions. They are consistently professional and caring. They are uniquely familiar with Honda operations, processes and the effects of your injury” (MAP-MMP Associate)
“I like the way they make you feel welcomed and the one on one way that your care is handled” (MAP-MMP Associate)
“They know and understand the type of work we do and are excellent at preparing us to return to work (ELP Associate)
“I feel I really accomplished in 6 weeks in the program what would have taken probably 12-16 weeks on my own” (AEP Associate)
“They spent a lot of one on one time with me and helped work on my pain” (AEP Associate)
THREE CONVENIENT LOCATIONS:
HP Physical Rehab / Watson Wellness Center
24000 Honda Parkway
Marysville, OH 43040
HP Physical Rehab / East Liberty Plant
11000 SR 347
East Liberty, OH 43319
HP Physical Rehab / Anna Wellness Center
12500 Meranda Rd.
Anna, OH 45302